Return to page one

Click for next page
  Click the BACK image to return.

Click here to exit this issue

Click NEXT PAGE to continue  

PAGE 2 OF THE JULY ISSUE OF PASS PATROL CAMPFIRE TALES
The issue included here contains the stories and not the advertisements.  Keep in mind, the stories here were written in 1997.  

This issue includes
Teller County Car Wash

at Longwater Road

Hot Dog Hill

ANOTHER OF THE MANY ADVENTURES OF PASS PATROL

TELLER COUNTY CAR WASH  -  Campfire Tales - July, 1997

Picnic stop
Okay, so maybe I exaggerated the size of the group.

Washing cars is kind of a major event with Pass Patrol.  We like to clean them up at least once a year whether they need it or not.  Since it is such a major event, the planning phase goes on for months before we get around to it.  The last one was scheduled for the last day of May.  Sundance and I (My handle is Outlaw) were supposed to meet fifteen car loads of folks at the Adam’s County Fairgrounds, another dozen at the hot dog stand in Aspen Park, a few strays along the way to Deckers, and a few more at the lunch stop.  The only one who showed up at the fairgrounds was Auggie Doggie and his sweetheart, but we had a full convoy scattered around the hot dog stand in Aspen Park, two more on the way to Deckers, and even picked up two strays who recognized me from a book I wrote and latched onto the convoy like a rattle on a snake.  (Oops.  I forgot.  You folks from back east don’t have snakes with rattles.  Oh well, look it up in the library.)

Copyright (c) 2016 Lone Writer, LLC. All rights reserved.

Click here to continue story