Return to page one

Click for next page
  Click the BACK image to return.

Click here to exit this issue

Click NEXT PAGE to continue  

PAGE 2 OF THE DECEMBER ISSUE OF PASS PATROL CAMPFIRE TALES
The issue included here contains the stories and not the advertisements.  Keep in mind, the stories here were written in 1996.  

This issue includes

Big Pocket

Horse Canyon

ANOTHER OF THE MANY ADVENTURES OF PASS PATROL

BIG POCKET  -  Campfire Tales - December, 1996

Angel Arch
Angel Arch is located at the point where the hiking begins.

Well, I've exceeded my limitations lots of times. After all, how can you determine your limitations if you never exceed them.  I already have numerous physical limitations.Of course, the times I exceeded my limitations were under controlled conditions with a backup plan ready to implement. In the case of Big Pocket there could be no backup plan. Once I went in, the only way out would be under my own power.

My first limitation to overcome is that I am not able to carry a backpack. A back injury dating back to the age of 18, while working on the family farm, left me with something called a herniated disk. It rarely bothers me unless I irritate it. One way to get it irritated is to carry a backpack or anything else weighing more than about thirty pounds. That means if I'm going to hike in and stay overnight, it better be a warm night.

That's where the second obstacle comes in. I also have a form of arthritis (gout) that flares up without warning. When that happens, I'm exceeding my limitations just getting from the house to the car. If I were to hike in, stay overnight, and wake up the next morning with that

Copyright (c) 2016 Lone Writer, LLC. All rights reserved.

Click here to continue story