Return to Page One

Click for next page
  Click the BACK image to return.

Click here to exit this issue

Click NEXT PAGE to continue  

Page 2 of the October 1996 ISSUE OF PASS PATROL CAMPFIRE TALES

The September issue included here contains the stories and not the advertisements. Keep in mind, the stories here were written in 1996.  

This issue includes
Outlaw Trail Spoof, Tipton Hold-up Getaway, Badhat & the Bear, Hancock Pass

OUTLAW TRAIL SPOOF

The outlaws only had a 96 year head start on us. With Vortec V-6 power and Magellan GPS technology, we should be able to catch up to them in no time. I poured my Pepsi on the flickering flames. "We better get started."

"I can't go," Caveman said. "I gotta put a muffler on my Jeep. Folks keep mistakin' it for Indian war drums. If I didn't have V-8 power I never could have gotten away from that calvary that was shootin' at me."

"That weren't no calvary," Loco Weed yelled. "That was your own motor backfiring!"

"Like I said," Caveman grinned. "I can't go. I gotta tune my motor."

Caveman had done well. He assembled a posse of Pass Patrol's elite. Loco Weed ... the best tracker this side of the Pecos ... or was that the Rio Grande. His sidekick, Ramblin Rose ... capable of determining exactly how old the trail was by examining scat left behind. Magnolia ... able to ride night and day without sleep or rest as long as those danged outlaws don't steel her car again. Sunshine ... sharpshooter and the best dutch oven cobbler cook this side of the Mississippi. It was another adventure of Outlaw, Loco Weed, and The Girls.

Our posse rolled across the Wyoming line just past noon. We made a short stop in Laramie to visit the prison where Butch Cassidy spent some time in 1894. The prison is a historic monument with guided tours and lots of information about bad guys of the wild, wild west. They knew all about the Tipton train robbery. While The Girls went for a stagecoach ride, I began digging into the history books.

Copyright (c) 2016 Lone Writer, LLC. All rights reserved.

Click here to continue story