Return to Seasons

Click for next page
  Click the BACK image to return.

Click here to exit this issue

Click NEXT PAGE to continue  

Page 1 of the September 1996 ISSUE OF PASS PATROL CAMPFIRE TALES

The September issue included here contains the stories and not the advertisements. Keep in mind, the stories here were written in 1996.  

This issue includes

Outlaw Trails, Tipton Holdup, Crown King,

Outlaw & the Girls tale.

OUTLAW AND THE GIRLS - Another of the many adventures of PASS PATROL

We didn’t plan it that way, but that’s the way it turned out. I suppose the structure of this trip in search of the Outlaw Trail was partly the reason the guys just weren’t interested. Visiting historical sites along the highway, spending time in towns, and driving on back country graded roads just didn’t turn them on.

Eyebrows were twitching and whispering walls were buzzing as the word spread that Outlaw was taking three women out into the bushes of Wyoming in an attempt to connect the outlaw trail from Tipton to Hole in the Wall. The fact that Rambling Rose was bringing Loco Weed with her seemed to be forgotten. We’re not sure if that’s because he wasn’t a driver or simply because so many people were having fun with the idea that it was just Outlaw & the Girls.

When Dennis (Pass Patrol’s next door neighbor) came over to tease Outlaw, it kind of backfired on him. He said, “Just you and three women! Can I go?”

“You’ll have to bring your own girls,” Outlaw answered with a grin. “You cain’t have none of mine.”

By the time the group left Denver, even the Internet was buzzing with the news.

The group consisted of Outlaw in Blaze, Sunshine in her Bronco, Magnolia in her Cherokee, and Ramblin’ Rose & Loco Weed in her Rodeo.

Copyright (c) 2016 Lone Writer, LLC. All rights reserved.

Click here to continue story