Return to Seasons

Click for next page
  Click the BACK image to return.

Click here to exit this issue

Click NEXT PAGE to continue  

Page 1 of the APRIL 1993 ISSUE OF PASS PATROL CAMPFIRE TALES

We have only recovered one issue for 1993. The only part included here are the stories and not the advertisements. Keep in mind, the stories here were written in 1993.  A lot has changed since that time.

This issue includes

Poison Spider Mesa
 Gemini Bridges
Gold Bar Rim 
Hole in the Rock
!

Another of the many adventures of PASS PATROL

I rolled over in my sleeping bag and looked at my watch.  “7am.  Why is it so hot in here?”

We had set up our tents shortly after 10pm the night before.  The location of that camp was in Little Canyon near the Gooney Bird just north of Moab in Utah.  Although we had left snow behind us in Denver, Utah was welcoming us with sunshine and clear blue skies.  Even at 7am.

I crawled out of my tent and stretched my arms high above my head.  “Man!  That sun feels good!”

Caveman was leaning on his Jeep with a wrench in one hand and a sandwich in the other.  “My alternator is broke.  I gotta go in to Moab for another one.”

“You ain’t even out of camp yet, and you broke that thing already,” I teased as I walked  by my Rocky and gave the front tire a courtesy kick.  To my surprise, it nearly fell off the axle.

Caveman started laughing and nearly choked on his breakfast.  “It ain’t supposed to wobble like that.”

I shoved my hat back and grinned.  “That’s what I said.  I ain’t even out of camp yet and I broke this thing already.”

Click here to continue story

Copyright (c) 2016 Lone Writer, LLC. All rights reserved.